Winter is coming. Kidding, it’s totally here. The other day I put on a puffer coat just to move my car, so for a born & bred California girl it’s safe to say that anything less than 50 degrees is freezing. I might be eating my words in a week, but I’m lucky enough that my skin doesn’t suffer from any dry spots once the temperatures drop. So let’s dive into my favorite essentials from this winter.
- belif Cleansing Gel Oil Enriched: After reading review after review of gel cleansers (and trying out Milky Jelly by Glossier), I hopped on the gel cleanser train. I’m all aboard now, since this one takes out every last drop of makeup, especially when you cleanse a dry face at the end of a long day.
- Living Proof Dry Shampoo: I’ve also been skipping washes throughout the week (only every other day, okay!) since it’s way easier to curl my hair on a skip day. I can’t say I love this dry shampoo, but it does the job. I’m still looking for “the one” though.
- Rose balm dotcom: I’ve already counted the ways that I love balm dotcom, so I’ll spare you. This winter, I’m reaching for this lightly tinted balm with the same all-day moisture.
- Smashbox Camera Ready BB Cream: This bb creamI’m a slather on and go type of gal. I have no patience for blending and disdain anything that feels like a layer of vaseline on my face. sinks right in and covers up those imperfections from any late night or too many pizza slices.
- Moisturizing Moon Mask by Glossier: This one’s lightMaybe the trick to banishing any dry spots is a serious relationship with any and all face masks. , but doesn’t skimp on the moisture. Plus, I’ve read that you can sleep with it on. Now that’s a two-in-one mask.
- Harry’s razor: Winter might not be the most optimal time for silky smooth legs. But when you discover Harry’s razors (now sold at Target too!), it’s hard to not shave even if your legs aren’t catching the faintest glimpse of the sun.
- Replenishing Gel Cream by REN: Even if my skin’s not having a meltdown, I like to give it a bit of upkeep when it comes to preventing blemishes. I’ve been using this daily, underneath my moisturizer, to keep it 100%.
- Highliner Gel Crayon Eyeliner by Marc Jacobs: Branded as a gel pot eyeliner in a crayon, this is my one-way ticket to a quick and easy lined eye. I like to put it on before a big night, that way the smudges look more semi-smoky rather that unintentional by the night’s end.