In business-speak, it’s been a whole fiscal quarter since I’ve packed my bags (furniture, kitchen supplies and mountains of clothes) and moved from the East Bay to San Francisco. Fun fact: I looked for an apartment for over a year and a half. A week after I’d accepted a new job offer, I lazily looked at an apartment and it worked out!
Here’s what I love about San Francisco:
- There’s something scenic on every corner, whether it’s a charming SF house or a cutie.
- Evening or afternoon walks are pretty great when you have hundreds of places to visit within less than 4 miles from you in all directions.
- Yoga Tree is keeping me centered, somewhat fit and on a schedule.
- Muni is pretty great, I don’t always need to rely on my car anymore.
- No more long commutes to work, to friends or the occasional date.
- Proximity to wine country—rosé all day.
Here’s what I don’t love about San Francisco:
- People would rather talk to their dog than say “hi” to anyone.
- Poop. On. The. Streets.
- What is it with this bone-chilling weather in the summer?