It’s Christmas-time! The other day my dental hygienist asked me if I was excited about the holiday season and I responded with a “I LLUUHHHH HITHMAS!”. This was my first holiday getting a Charlie Brown Christmas tree, just like I had always wanted when I was little.
To get my apartment in the festive holiday spirit, I decided to make these marbled clay ornaments aftering being inspired by these marbled clay bowls from A Beautiful Mess.
4-5 different colors of clay (white, black, and silver are a must have)
3 feet of twine or string
Scissors or an Exacto knife
1. To get started, you’ll need to cut you your clay into small strips (about 1/8 inch)
2. From there, roll the strips of clay into mini-snakes and gather 3-5 colors together.
3. Once you have the 3-5 colors selected, gather them at the top, and twist the snakes to eventually make a braided strand of colors
4. Keep twisting and begin to fold the strands into one another eventually rolling them into a sphere
5. Before you bake them according to the manufacturer’s instructions, use a toothpick or a skewer to make a hole that passes through the entire sphere.
6. Bake according to the manufacturer’s instructions and once it’s cooled, take your twine and make a knot to serve as the end of your garland.
7. String an ornament on the strand, knot the other side and space out each ornament an inch and a half between each ornament
8. Wrap around your tree, hang it across your fireplace, or make multiple strands and string them on a wall!