Every morning, I’ve been waking up semi-early and making a hearty breakfast. I’m usually just an oatmeal and coffee type of girl, but after making this Ina Garten breakfast recipe a few weeks ago when my parents came to visit, I couldn’t get it out of my head.
The thing I love most about this recipe is that it’s a very no-fuss dish to whip up in the morning. Even with sleep gunk still in my eyes, I can still manage to get this dish in the oven and ready to eat while I make myself presentable for the day.
2 farm-fresh eggs
1tsp. dried basil
1tsp. dried parsley
1tsp. rosemary leaves
1/2tsp. dried + crushed thyme leaves
1tbsp. almond milk
1. Set the oven to 400°F and combine butter and almost milk in a ramekin or small, oven proof bowl.
2. Combine herbs together in a small bowl and set aside.
3. Once the oven is hot, place the butter and milk mixture into the oven for roughly 8 minutes, or until the the mixture is bubbling ever so slightly. When it is bubbling, crack the 2 eggs into the butter and milk mixture and pour the herb mixture over the eggs.
4. Put back in the oven and let this bowl of perfection cook for 5-6 minutes, or more or less depending on how you like your eggs (runny or firm).
5. Butter 2 pieces of baguette and toast. Once the eggs are cooked, dip the toasted and butter baguette in to the delicious, buttery, herb, and egg mix. Enjoy.